Adult Education and Formation
This six-part curriculum with Bible readings and video commentary comes courtesy of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri.
Advocacy and Voting Access
Episcopal Church Resolutions and Resources
The Episcopal Church is a strong advocate for common sense gun safety policies. The church works through its Office of Government Relations and through the Episcopal Public Policy Network. The church’s positions on Gun Safety and Gun Reform have been approved by our General Convention.
Here are individual resolutions on issues relation to gun violence:
- 2018-B005: Advocate for Study of Gun Violence as a Public Health Crisis
- 2018-B007: Develop a Shareholder Plan to Affect Gun Manufacturers and Retailers
- 2015-B008: Support Handgun Purchaser Licensing
- 2015-C005: Implement Laws to Decrease Gun Violence
- 2000-B007: Request the Removal of Handguns and Assault Weapons
- 1997-C035: Urge Restrictions on Sale, Ownership, and Use of Firearms
Fact Sheets and Statistics
Common Sense Gun Legislation
For examples of some of the legislation we support, visit our partners at Brady.
Safe Gun Storage
Violence Against Women & Domestic Violence
Domestic abusers with access to guns are particularly dangerous. Bishops United supports reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (learn more and reach out to your senator.) Learn more about the Lori Jackson Domestic Violence Survivor Protection Act. Read a UN report on violence against women and girls.